How the PaCT supports you in making judgments
Teachers make judgments about student progress and achievement day-by-day, as part of classroom practice. The PaCT supports teacher judgments.
Teachers can use the PaCT to:
- Make out-of-cycle judgments to monitor the progress of students any time of year;
- Use the PaCT to support their interim and end-of--year Overall Teacher Judgments (OTJs) for National Standards.
Before making a judgment in the PaCT:
- Gather information from multiple sources using a range of assessment programmes
- Consult the Good Practice Guide [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Work through the module Making Judgments Using the PaCT
Click on the picture below to practice making a judgment in the PaCT. Before viewing the module, please check your web browser or tablet is compatible.
For further guidance download the Judgments [PDF, 1.6 MB]section of the User Guide
For advice and tips on good practice and surprises consult the Good Practice section of this site